Post New Topic
Print

Jervois Treasures

Jervois Treasures

Bookmark and Share
Jervois Treasures is located at Jervois Road. Jervois Road was named after Sir William Francis Drummond Jervois (1821 – 1897). He was a British military engineer and diplomat. From 1875 to 1888, he was Governor of the Straits Settlements, Governor of South Australia and Governor-General of New Zealand. Jervois Treasure and Jervois Treasures price will be available soon.

As its name suggests, Bishopgate Road was the location of the residence of the Bishop of Singapore. Before the name was decided in 1927, there were other suggestions such as Singapore Road and Ferguson-Davie Road. As the Bishop’s residence was permanent, Bishopgate was eventually picked.

The name Tanglin is believed to be derived from the name of William Napier’s house, Tang Leng. Built in 1854, the house was likely named after twa tang leng, meaning “great east hill peaks”, which refers to numerous hills in the area. Today, many prominent residences, luxury apartments and condominiums are found in Tanglin.

TOP

Post New Topic